Back to EPM overview
Scorecards & Dashboards
As data increases in volume and complexity, the need for easier ways to keep track of KPIs (key performance indicators) and other metrics to pinpoint critical business issues and take corrective action rises. Sales managers need regular forecast updates, purchasing managers need to track vendor performance, and services managers must track customer retention rates. Performance dashboards can deliver this type of critical performance information in a visual, graphical format so that executives and managers alike can quickly spot trends and also drill deeper for more details.
At the other end of the performance measurement spectrum are performance scorecards. These help organisations set and communicate goals, assign accountability, establish key performance metrics, and continuously measure performance against company objectives.
What should a complete scorecards & dashboard solution give you?
- Rich pre-packaged capabilities such as strategy mapping, cause-and effect mapping, initiative tracking, alerting, and performance reporting that can be deployed quickly and cost-effectively right out of the box.
- A flexible architecture that supports recognised performance management frameworks such as The Balanced Scorecard® and Stern Stewart's Integrated EVA® Scorecard, and leading quality initiatives such as the Baldrige® Criteria and Six Sigma®.
- The ability to track performance and allow users to monitor responsibilities by team, department, functional area, and geography with accountability maps and connect these accountability elements with performance scorecards.
- Integrated communication and collaboration capabilities that link directly to e-mail systems, and allow users to record notes and comments about measures, scorecards and strategy elements.
- The ability to deploy strategy across the enterprise using Web-based cascading scorecards so that everyone - from upper management down to business units, departments and individual employees - understands and aligns their goals accordingly.
- Personal employee scorecards that ensure that each worker can track and measure individual performance and be accountable for their contributions to strategic objectives and initiatives.
Taysols has assisted many organisations across a broad range of industries develop and deploy EPM practices and enabling technologies, this especially includes scorecard and dashboard solutions.
Contact us to find out more.