ChallengeTo gain better insight into the performance for each national program and fundraising stream across head office and 11 branches, Camp Quality needed to automate its financial reporting processes and improve the accuracy of cost center allocations to:
- Gain visibility into the return on investment (ROI) for each branch's fundraising event and program by automatically allocating indirect expenses to a specific fundraising event, and ensuring accurate analysis of b
branch level profitability.
- Improve the ability to manage workforce planning by adopting an intuitive financial reporting tool to simplify the complex calculation of cost center allocations for more than 100 full-time equivalent (FTE) positions
across different events and branches.
- Enhance forecasting accuracy for funding charity events and programs by facilitating team collaboration throughout the budgeting cycle.
ApproachTaysols suggested to move to a monthly rather than yearly FTE workforce planning model and enhance management confidence in FTE forecasting by using Oracle's Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service to rapidly calculate and apply multidimensional cost center allocation rules for different events and branches.
Camp Quality was able to make smarter strategic decisions, such as investing in more profitable fundraising streams, by using executive dashboard and interactive analysis to provide drill-down insight into the ROI for individual fundraising events, programs, and branches.
Taysols enabled speed adoption by providing an intuitive reporting tool with Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service, improving user financial literacy and accountability and making it easier for budget owners to use the system with minimal training.
SolutionThe implemented solution offered Camp Quality:
- Improved accuracy of forecasting and budgeting, including FTE salary and wages costs, by streamlining the financial reporting processes between head office and 11 branches with Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service instead of using complicated, error-prone spreadsheets.
- Enhanced user experience and expectations by integrating PBCS with Microsoft Office tools and enabling users to easily access and view budgeting data in a familiar Microsoft Excel format.
- Achieved smooth and successful implementation by gaining the expertise and great support Taysols, Oracle Platinum Partner, and ensuring timely project delivery.
Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud is a mature and flexible solution, so it fits well for a medium-sized enterprise like us. A good implementation partner, like Taysols, is also critical to the success of this project.
National Manager, Information Services